Welcome to Guthlaxton College
I am pleased to welcome you to Guthlaxton College, where students do more than achieve their full potential and succeed academically - we develop the whole person and our students thrive.
Young people are now more than ever free to become architects of their own lives. We recognise that the students attending Guthlaxton College today are the leaders of tomorrow.
Focus on... Mathematics
Understanding Mathematics is essential for future opportunities in further education and careers. Students will need to reach certain levels of competency in Mathematics to take Sixth form courses, to be admitted to colleges and universities, and to have a wide variety of career choices. This is a guide to help you help your child to realise their potential in Mathematics.
We aim as a department:
- to provide a broad Mathematical learning experience
- to provide the skills required to succeed in the current higher education and work market
- to promote a positive attitude to mathematics study
- to ensure students have a feeling of success and progression appropriate to their level
- to encourage students to carry on with mathematics post 16 where appropriate
- to play an active role in contributing to cross-curricular themes and improving Literacy, Numeracy, ICT, Functionality and Key Skills
Keep up with Sports
Support Our Fundraising Activities
Emily Lee in Year 10 is raising money for the Birmingham Liver Unit. She has a target of £500 and she is looking for more sponsors before the 31st October, when she will be shaving her head! Good Luck Emily!
Guide to understanding report headings for the first interim report of the year.
Congratulations to the following tutor groups for having +95% attendance last week.
Nichole de Carle continues in her sucessful career designing for Beyonce, Nicole Scherzinger, Jessie J and more.