Welcome to Guthlaxton College
I am delighted to welcome you to Guthlaxton College and share with you our vision “Learning to Succeed”.
Our values are based upon our motto. Our single drive is to secure successful outcomes for our students, their families, the community and our staff. We believe that working together we can ensure the very best learning for all, meeting the needs of each and every student.
Focus on... Mathematics
Understanding Mathematics is essential for future opportunities in further education and careers. Students will need to reach certain levels of competency in Mathematics to take Sixth form courses, to be admitted to colleges and universities, and to have a wide variety of career choices. This is a guide to help you help your child to realise their potential in Mathematics.
We aim as a department:
- to provide a broad Mathematical learning experience
- to provide the skills required to succeed in the current higher education and work market
- to promote a positive attitude to mathematics study
- to ensure students have a feeling of success and progression appropriate to their level
- to encourage students to carry on with mathematics post 16 where appropriate
- to play an active role in contributing to cross-curricular themes and improving Literacy, Numeracy, ICT, Functionality and Key Skills
The college attendance since the beginning of the academic year to 05/03/2015 is 94.08%
News on education in Oadby & Wigston
Support Our Fundraising Activities
Guthlaxton students and staff have raised an amazing £4270.47 - what a first term total! An additional £2049.40 was raised in collaboration with Councillor Frank Broadley in his year as Mayor for Asthma UK.
Exam Certificates for 2014
Exam certificates have now been archived and requests must be submitted using the appropriate form which can be downloaded from here
The proposal would see Birkett House relocate to ultra-modern premises within our Wigston secondary schools campus.
Years 10, 12 and 13 students from Glenne, Herrick, Demontfort and Wistan all took part in a house competition, where they played as a team to earn house points.
On behalf of Learning South Leicestershire, Bushloe High School organised an amazing ‘Community Matters’ event today at Leicester South Salvation Army. .